LEARN FEATHER ART!
Don’t miss this opportunity on Saturday, February 23, to take three 90-minute workshops of your choice given by some of our area’s top artists..for only $15 total. The Registration Deadline is February 8. Registration after this date will go up to $25, and your choice of classes may be limited.
This is AmadorArts third annual “mini arts institute” and it’s open to residents in Amador and Calaveras Counties, or beyond, specifically targeting adults and junior and high school students. From a menu of 15 classes, select three courses. So, why not “take a taste” of the arts, either for the first time or for further exploration. The cost has been purposely kept affordable, and supplies are included!
“A Taste of the Arts” begins at 8:00 am for sign-in. Classes start at 8:30 and end at 2:00 pm at Amador High School in Sutter Creek. Pre- Registration is required. The website www.amadorarts.org , has ALL the details about the class descriptions, bios of the artist teachers, and the Registration Form that may be either printed and mailed in or filled in on-line and completed with a credit card payment through PayPal. A brochure is also available that contains the Registration Form that can be mailed in with payment. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reasonable lunches will be catered by Clark’s Corner of Ione, or bring your own. Below are the Classes offered from which you can select three:
· Art of Bonsai by Dan Balsley
· Beautiful Paper Collage by Bruce Peccianti
· Bellydance by Sonya Castoe and members of Kundalini –No experience required.
· Feather Art by Lorra Lee Rose
· Floral Design Eastern Inspired by Millie Butler – bring sharp clippers or shears.
· Gourd Art by Christie Lane
· Hoop Dance by Sonya Castoe
· Journal Making by Bruce Peccianti
· Monotype Printmaking by Katherine Venturelli
· Musical Theatre with Dance (counts as 2 classes; periods 1 and 2) by Giles Turner, Cara Agustin and Ann Pearce – will result in a performance presented during lunch.
· Photography by Vince Murdock (select one) Beginning – Intermediate -Advanced –
· Pottery by Rand Huggett
· Watercolor Painting by Pam Sharp
Brochures are available at AmadorArts Office, Sutter Creek; Amador Council of Tourism, Sutter Hill; Clark’s Corner, Ione; Dr. Curry’s Dental Office, Plymouth; Hein & Co., Jackson; and Munnerlyn’s Ice Creamery, Pine Grove. If you have questions, phone Terra Forgette at AmadorArts (209) 267-9038.
Amador County Arts Council
11-A Randolph Street
PO BOX 206
Sutter Creek, Ca 95685
209 267 9038