Do you have an interest in the Youth of our community?
If so, you are a good candidate for the Mother Lode Consortium’s Youth Council.
The Youth Council has a strong integral role in determining the youth provider for the region through developing an RFP (Request For Proposals), reviewing submitted proposals and recommending who should be awarded. This process occurs every few years, and is due this year. The Youth Council is:
· Mandated by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
· A Subcommittee of the Mother Lode Workforce Investment Board (MLWIB), acting as an advisory council to the MLWIB.
· Representatives from 4 counties (Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa and Tuolumne)
· Local, common vision and a system of activities and services enabling youth to be successful in education and the workplace.
· Build community awareness about education and employment issues facing youth today. · Coordinate youth activities in the local community. · Influence and leverage other community youth funds and services. · Address the needs of youth in the community.
WHO SHOULD BE ON THE BOARD?
· Parents of Youth
· Youth Service Agencies
· Juvenile Justice Agencies
· WIB Members
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Create a strategic plan using labor market information and other data. · Craft the Youth Services Request for Proposal
· Direct how youth services are to be delivered.
· Recommend Youth Providers to WIB.
· Conduct Oversight.
· Broaden the youth employment and training focus in the community for the perspective of youth.
· Promote, market goals, activities and accomplishments of the Youth Council.
Applications for Membership on the Youth Council are available at our office in Jackson and I can forward the information by e-mail. Applications will be presented to the MLWIB for approval at the May 20, 2010 meeting so this is time sensitive.
Job Connection Amador
245 New York Ranch Road, Suite A
Jackson, CA 95642
209-223-3341, ext. 18